1/25/12


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Went to Cancun. Planned a whole retreat for high schoolers. 
2.Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have no idea what I resolved to do last year. This year? Slow down, enjoy. Live more simply in the way I spend my time and money by staying on the budget, using my calendar.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes, beautiful. 
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great grandmother. 
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Peace in chaos. More time spent on relationships, less on the excess. 
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 27-31: First real vacation in adulthood
February 11-13: First retreat planned and executed flying solo
March 5: Tessa passed
April 4-8: Inner City Indy Mission trip...revolutionizing
April 26: William Fitzsimmons concert, perfect night. 
July 22: first photography faceplant. 
September 14-15: Chi-town to see Brosious with some good friends.
October 3-6: Funfetti
November 4: civil wars
December 14: I turned 25...
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmm...not so sure about that one. But I did learn a few invaluable lessons, so maybe gaining wisdom? I dealt healthily with anxiety and conflict for the first time. I learned the importance of growing in your weakness and trusting in God to be sufficient in them. I think that my mind has become more open rather than closed...so that is good. I have learned to see the flaws of the church and love and live in it despite and even when it is hard. I have begun learning to appreciate what makes me who I am and to live fully alive in that. 
9. What was your biggest failure?
Neglecting the important relationships in my life, but mostly my relationship with Jared. Putting it last on my priorities. 
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I am always sick. And apparently I had a fake\not fake illness for a few months. ??
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to see William Fitzsimmons
12. Where did most of your money go?
loans, house payment.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Going to Cancun/Visiting the Keystone for Jared's 25 birthday celebration
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
 Death in it's Grave - John Mark McMillan Beautiful Girl // If you would come back home - William Fitzsimmons
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Same. 
– richer or poorer? Same.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Intentional time with my husband, and time in peace to worship.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Facebooking and watching TV
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent it at home this year, with just my mom and brother. It was quiet but NOT uneventful!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood, Psych, How I Met Your Mother
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Covenant and Kingdom (  ), Bittersweet/Cold Tangerines ( Shauna Neiquist). 
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
William Fitzsimmons, Black Keys, Civil Wars, Phoenix, Jimmy Eat World, Mumford and Sons, Hillsong
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
hmmm did I see any new movies this year? True Grit maybe?
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out to dinner several times with good friends. I turned 25. 
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not worrying so much about things and not letting what other people think determine what I think. 
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
hipster/artsy/casual
26. What kept you sane?
Good TV, good conversations with friends and mentors, and a sane husband. Oh, and my pups.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
You can't ever really quit learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers