6/15/09

I got Marriaged.....and not for pretend!


Weird, weird...and fantastic. Three words to sum up my whole two weeks of marriage experience. 

When I was little, I used to try on my mom's wedding shoes and think about what my wedding would be like. Thank goodness I didn't stick with plan a, b, or c or mine could have ended up like Barbie's Dream 90's wedding. All those things together equal quite a plaid and platform shoe disaster if you know what I am saying.

 I also remember the many boys who caught my attention from third grade on (that is  my first chronicled crush you know...diary form and all). My taste slowly changed over the years, even though I seldom liked to admit to any sort of crushes I had. Yet again, thank goodness I did not stick to plan a, b, or c in that department either...sorry Shane, it just would not have worked out between us. The whole lets go out but not talk to each other...ever...isn't really building on a lasting relationship. Don't be mad.

But you know what I did get right, those many many years ago in my mothers woven wedding shoes (yes, I did indeed say woven). That I would love the man I married with all my heart, and would pray for him to come find me. That he would be my best friend, and be just as weird as I am (a hard thing to match as many know).  Then came Jared. My best friend, my love, and pretty much the best match for me ever. Lets be honest, few men can match my weirdness, but he surely takes the cake. So...I got married, when I found this guy. And it has been the weirdest, most challenging, fun, exhilarating, loving experience of my life to date. 

I have no doubt I have much to learn, but thanks to those old wedding shoes, I think I got a pretty good start. 

1 comment:

  1. i have three words for this:
    1. presh
    2. presh
    3. presh

    ReplyDelete

Followers