7/28/09

A Piece of My Heart Will Always Be in the Crossroads...


Though my experiences in the past months have been exciting and led me near and far, there is nothing quite like the feeling of being home. I mean real home. I know it is so cliche, but mainly because it is true, home is where the heart is, mine just happens to be stuck back in Indiana.

I miss my home. Pretty badly. I know I sound much like a whiny two year old, and believe me, do I know how they sound. I miss my girls. I know they are merely a car ride from me, but walking distance would be so much better. My new home is nice and all, but it just isn't home yet. My heart has not charted its path here to Covington and as much as a try and force it to, its hiking boots and road map to my new place remain untouched as of late.

I know these things take time. I know people are worse off than I. But if I am honest for just a minute...I just miss the places and the people that made me...me.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm with you on this one! I miss all of my friendz there in my home town!!...a lot!! You know what..you really might like it out here??
    It's not for me to say. And...wow, how cool would it be if you were here to live with the people that made you...you?

    There will be plenty of kidz that want to hang out with yourz....if you head down that road?

    love you,
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...Oh yeah, I'm 38 years ahead of you when it comes to whining. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers