4/26/10

You are the best thing...

Many moons ago, around this time of year, there was someone in my life who wrote me a letter. It was not the next great american novel. It was not an essay that changed the world as we knew it. It was not even a bestselling book. But, to me, it was like a melody to my heart. And, I do believe, this letter forever altered my life.

"You will probably never know how much you truly mean to me. Words cannot express the feelings that I have for you. Sometimes, I don't even understand it cause it doesn't really make sense...but at the same time it makes perfect sense and it's then that I realize that this is God's plan. Whether we are together forever, or break up and never talk again, I know that I will love you forever."

Eleven months into our marriage, these words still sound like a lullaby. This letter still reminds me of how much God had in store for me, of why I am who I am, and how much I have to be grateful for. This letter reminds me of why I said "yes" and "I do"; and why, almost a year later, I still can't imagine a better man, best friend, or life.

Dear Jared, you are the best thing...

1 comment:

Followers