7/11/10

God, You are...

My freedom and my adventure. What makes me fall in love with you every day? Let me tell you...

The earth, the smell of the soil and the grass. Especially after a rainstorm. Even better when there are still crystal clear droplets lingering on a pine tree. One that smells like a real pine tree, heavy brown bark, deep evergreen, tall and towering, like pine trees should be.

Fall. Every single part of it. The way you color the leaves and the sky at sunset. The way grey clouds make me feel cozy and full, only the way they can this time of year. Pumpkins that look like they could pummel small children (not that I would do that with them haha). Apples and the smell of each one floating together in an orchard. The way cinnamon never smells any better than in October.

The first snowfall. The way it seems to reflect the moon all night long and quiet every sound into a pillow soft disturbance. The way hot chocolate tastes after a day of sledding or ice skating. Sorry winter...that is all I like about you...if there were a season contest, you lose, hands down.

Rainy days and star filled nights. The softness of fresh grass, the smell of lilacs outside my window. The shape of mountains and the feel of fresh air. The warmth of the sunshine, the sound of music. The beauty and courage of bold colored flowers and trees.

If there ever was an artist to take after, I would want to take my creative side from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers