7/31/11

nothing fancy, deep, or profound...

I am out of fancy words or deep thinking for today. Or should I say tonight...

but...

I did just take a trip down photo memory lane.

And while some of those photos show my pimples. Some of them show my "why did anyone let me leave wearing that" outfits.

Some of them show hair cuts, or hair tragedies, or colors that might make me look more transparent than casper.

Some of them show my pre "grown into myself" body.

Some of them really show that I was absolutely confused about what I should ever smile like, wear, or do in a photo, ever.

Heck, some of them might make you think I had never seen a camera or had a family photo done my whole life.

However, every last one of those photos make me laugh. Literally. I crack myself up sometimes.  Those incredibly awkward moments were my best memories. And lets be real, if I'm not making someone looking at a photo of me think, "wow...clearly she had no idea that there was a camera, or people, or mirrors available in her lifetime..", then really, would it be a picture of me?

So...even though there is an "untag" button, and a simple delete would do the trick, I think I will leave them.

Mostly because those photos represent the best, if not most important parts of me, simply because of whoever is standing next to me in every single one. I am so blessed...so lucky, and so in love with the people I get to have in my past, present and future. They all make every last pimple laden photo worth it.

Dear God,
thank you for making other people for me to know and love.

Sincerely,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers