6/26/11

conversations in cars...

Is it just me, or do all the best conversations and all the best realizations seem to happen in cars?

If i think back along this weird, long, mostly tiring but always exciting journey I have had so far,
almost every moment that stands out to me
seems to have happened in my car. 

Or next to it.

Or right after I got out of it.

Or it had something to do with a car...

Somehow I think it has something to do with feeling a sense of freedom, just for a moment,
from everything else going on. 
Like by going that fast, in my car, I have the power to just keep going.
Or to change my mind. 
And I have peace from chaos.
Where I can just listen to God and watch the world from my safe (umm maybe not so safe when I am driving) little box of a car. 

And so in those moments, I feel this rare sense of honesty. 
With myself and the people who happen to be in the car with me.

Ha, sorry if you were one of those people. Rare honesty with me can be an awkward place.
A place where I can say everything. 
Or play a song that says it for me. 

Welcome to my brain......

1 comment:

  1. just wanted you to know i'm eating cracked pepper & olive oil triscuits right now and it makes me miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers