8/24/10

Photographs

A boring black box full of buttons; this is my inspiration. This is my way of knowing that all is not lost.

My camera.

It is really nothing special but it amazes me every time. This little black box can create something worth looking at. It is ordinary at best, but this little guy has been changing my life.

Most days I feel pretty gross, I can sympathize with Mr. Yuck quite often. My Charlie-Brown- esque life approach reminds me too often that I am ordinary, and usually err on the side of downright ugly; nasty even. But my little camera reminds me there are things to be seen, beauty to be found amongst some pretty nasty stuff.

I just hope, when God looks at me, He sees what I see in a photo. I hope He sees that even though there is a lot of mess, ugly and nastiness, there is oddly something beautiful that can be seen underneath it all. I hope that it can all just fade away until all that is left is a beautiful portrait of an ordinarily hopeless girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers