9/16/10

for the man in my life:

you are my best friend. you are my safe spot when i am sleeping, and my personal electric blanket. you make me think i am funny when I am actually absurdly awkward.

you cook for me even after you have had a longer day than I have, because I am lazy.

you leave your stuff everywhere and I find it absurd but so endearing.

you let me quit folding your t-shirts the way you like them, so I can get done folding faster.

this song. is for you. from me...and Brett Dennen, because he wrote it.

You can put a stick in my spokes,
I can be the butt of your jokes,
I can be the laughing stock, I can be the hoax,
But I ain't gonna lose you
No I ain't gonna lose you,

They can come and tear my house down,
They can run me out of town,
They can tie me up, call me a clown
But I ain't gonna lose you,
No, I ain't gonna lose you

They can make me turn my back on my friends,
Send me away to San Quentin
Put me in the hole thousand times again
Oh, I ain't gonna lose you
No, I ain't gonna lose you

Throw me in the hurricane
Tell the whole world I've gone insane
Run an electric shock to my brain
But I ain't gonna lose you
No I ain't gonna lose you



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers