9/22/10

Things I do:

Thanks to Bittersweet, I am re-prioritizing my life. Realizing that no, I in fact am not Super-woman and so the search for the missing cape and lasso can now end. I see that I cannot do it all, but there are things that are incredibly important to me, so that means there are sacrifices to make in other areas. Nothing really comes easy, especially what you are passionate about, and now I must decide what its worth for me to do the "things I do". So...here are the things that I DO, blogland. Not that you actually wanted to know, but alas, I will tell you anyway.

Things I Do:

1. I make every conscious effort to love God in the best way that I can, and to always keep Him first. I am not saying that I actually do these things well...just that I make it a priority. I do the things that connect me to Him and keep me serving Him with my whole life.

2. I try very hard to do anything and everything I can to support, love on, and hang out with my bff, aka my hubs. I try to encourage his adventures, support his ideas, love him in a way no one else can, and give him the best of myself. I always want to put his needs before mine, and serve his desires first and foremost. And learn to say I'm sorry quicker each day...

3. Make every effort in my week to make time for the people I love. My community is so important to me, and I will 100 percent invest and immerse myself in those people. I do my very best to make each person on my "home team" a priority at least once a week. I want to encourage them, love them, and hear them to the best of my abilities. And it fills me up.

4. I will host any party or get together I can get my hands on. I absolutely love having people at my house. I love feeding them, decorating for them, talking with them, playing games with them. Every part is awesome. Seriously.

5. Always plan parties for my friends. I think you can fill in the rest of this with the above comments. But add in my best friends birthday and I am jumping for joy. I love throwing parties for other people, its my crafty extravagant fun way of saying "I love you, and so do all the people here!"

6. Drink coffee. Everyday. No matter what. I will find a way. I will drink coffee.

7. Stay up late to read a good book or finish a good show. I will sacrifice sleep for either of those things, no questions asked. I love a great read or an enrapturing story line. Totally worth a few hours less of shut eye.

8. Run at least three times a week. I know this sounds crazy, mostly because in High school I proudly wore a pin that said "I gave up jogging because my thighs kept rubbing together and catching my panty hose on fire". This was true for some time, until I discovered the joy of feeling like you are going somewhere. On the days I feel most stuck in my own life, or need to amp up the endorphins, running makes me feel like I am going somewhere, anywhere, like I can accomplish the impossible. Because believe me, it used to feel impossible to run. Now it is a happy addition of much needed inspiration in my week.

9. Take pictures. It makes me happy, it inspires me, and it is changing my outlook on the beauty and mess in life. I love it. It loves me. "Nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. i need to make that my attitude about running too. i put too much pressure on myself and then i fail and don't wanna do it all. what's your plans nov 19/20? love you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers